Full-time, Competitive Compensation & Benefits
Location: US Resident, All Remote Work
We are looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about building disruptive products that build on policy wins and maybe even make policy obsolete. You will be working with, leading and managing other engineers, designers and QA team. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment, work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver on Lincoln’s shared vision and strategy of bridging the gap between policy and technology. Together, we can make real change that has a lasting impact.
Our projects span from responsive web to native mobile, so the ideal candidate will enjoy a lot of variety, and must have the ability to operate seamlessly across multiple projects.
We operate like a fast-growing startup, so this role offers the opportunity to constantly develop new skills, be a self-starter, explore new target markets, and strongly influence product direction.
An Ideal Candidate Exhibits:
Accountability and Ownership
You will fully own the strategic and tactical execution of all your work owning not only the inputs but the outputs as well.
You will monitor key performance indicators for all relevant business data and report on daily, weekly and monthly trends. You may be asked to create and maintain a dashboard of key analytics.
Industry Trends & Best Practices
Stay up to date of trends and emerging channels. Identify and deliver innovative opportunities to bring fresh, creative thinking to ensure Lincoln leverages technology in surprising and provocative ways.
Work closely with the Lincoln Studio team, contractors, and Lincoln’s community tech experts, sharing in and leveraging their diverse experience to drive client work.
Clear and concise communication is important to success in this role.
– Meet with stakeholders and donors and determine requirements for projects
– Design solutions to donor challenges that maximize impact
– Create project/execution plans to deliver on and complete commitments and product vision
– Clearly communicate status updates, expectation setting, deliverables etc. with stakeholders, donors and other members of the Lincoln team
– Work collaboratively with the Lincoln team
– Your work may include the following:
– Wireframing new web and mobile experience
– Extensive user research and analysis
– Leveraging online services such as usertesting.com to run sentiment analysis on designs
– Doing quantitative analysis of web/mobile analytics data and surfacing key actionable conclusions
– Helping the team develop organizational processes that identify and address bottlenecks with the goal of increasing team throughout. This could include but is not limited to implementing agile management tools and creating process maps of workflows
– Help conceive of, design and launch new products – this may include creating go-to-market strategies.
Ideal Candidates Have
– 3+ years of experience in either product management or similar field
– Great understanding of basic web and mobile technologies
– Fluent in web based analytics and comfort with quantitative analysis
– Experience with Mixpanel, Google Analytics, etc.
– Familiarity with excel and or sheets
– Design skills are a bonus
– Experience with figma, photoshop, indesign, or sketch
– CS skills are highly appreciated but not required
– Experience with project management software such as Jira, Trello or Teamwork
– Fluent in Agile Project Management
– Translate business strategy into product strategy
– Organize, run, and participate in daily scrum meetings, planning, reviews and retrospectives
– Maintain and prioritize the product backlog
– Write product/project requirements
– Own the product roadmap
– Execute product strategy
– Drive action throughout the organization to get products to market
– Plan and carry out product launches
– Manage product profitability and commercial success – own the business case
– Provide insight to stakeholders on the product and market
– Provide product marketing with insights on key differentiators and messages
– Write high-level requirements
– Support the Product Owner and Product Marketer with any questions they may have
– Manage all aspects of in-life products, including customer feedback, requirements, and issues
– Proven work experience in product management or as an associate product manager
– Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
– Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
– Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
– Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
– Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
We offer a nice benefits package to employees, in addition to competitive salaries and the convenience of working from anywhere:
– Health/dental/vision insurance for employee ⚕️
– 401K – 6% match
– Tax-advantaged bonus structure
– Flexible vacation policy
– Work from anywhere
About Lincoln Network
Lincoln Network was founded in 2014 with a mission to help bridge the gap between Silicon Valley and DC, advancing a more perfect union between technology and the American republic. We believe in a world of free people and competitive markets, and that fostering a robust innovation ecosystem is crucial to creating a better, freer, and more abundant future. We see our value proposition in cross-pollination, network building, and translation between groups that don’t speak the same language. Our work includes helping innovators understand the policy world, and bringing the voices of founders, technologists, and entrepreneurs into policy conversations.